Aerial1 600x300.jpg
Kitchen1 600 x 300.jpg
Main Hall1 600 x 300.jpg
Heritage Room1 600 x 300.jpg
Garden8 600 x 300.jpg
Common - External 600x300.jpg
Common - 1 600x300.jpg

Aims & activities

Providing an archive and exhibition of local history artefacts, photographs, maps and documents. The hiring out of rooms to local societies and clubs and the holding of fund raising events for the Charity.

Charitable status

The Galleywood Heritage Centre is a UK registered Charity No. 1128416. The Organisation is not registered for VAT.

Objects

The property and the trust fund and its income shall be applied for the benefit of the inhabitants of Galleywood and the surrounding areas without distinction of sex or of political, religious or other opinions by associating together inhabitants, local authorities, voluntary and other organisations in a common effort to advance education, in particular in the heritage of the local area and to provide facilities in the interest of social welfare for the recreation and leisure time occupation with the object of improving the conditions of life for the said inhabitants, which shall include the maintenance and management of a heritage and community centre in Galleywood for the benefit of the public.

The Trust Deed

The Trust Deed sets out what the Centre does and how it is managed and governed. Copies of the Gallewood Heritage CentreTrust deed can be downloaded here (The Deed has two amendments):-

TRUST DEED DATED 12 NOVEMBER 2008

AS AMENDED BY SUPPLEMENTAL DEED 14 JANUARY 2010

AS AMENDED BY DEED DATED 16 AUG 2017 - current version

Details of the operations, documents and finances of the Centre are reported to the Charity Commission can be referenced on the Charity Commission website

Trustees

The Centre is Manageed by a board of Trustees (The Management committee) A list of current trustees is held by the Charities Commission and can be referenced using the Charity Commission website

Jean Mary Blake

jean.blake@Galleywoodheritagecentre.org.uk

Elected

Robert John Cummin

john.cummin@Galleywoodheritagecentre.org.uk

Elected

Jane Elizabeth Edwards

-

Appointed: Galleywood Parish Council

Richard Joseph John Hyland

richard.hyland@Galleywoodheritagecentre.org.uk

Appointed: Chelmsford City Council

Anthony John McQuiggan

anthony.mcquiggan@Galleywoodheritagecentre.org.uk

Co-opted

Graham Thomas Mundy

graham.mundy@Galleywoodheritagecentre.org.uk

Elected

Neville James Adrian Paul

neville.paul@Galleywoodheritagecentre.org.uk

Appointed: Galleywood Parish Council

Janette Anita Potter

-

Appointed: Galleywood Parish Council

Stephanie Troop (Chair)

stephanie.troop@Galleywoodheritagecentre.org.uk

Elected

John Henry Turkentine

john.turkentine@Galleywoodheritagecentre.org.uk

Elected

Robert Alfred Villa

bob.villa@Galleywoodheritagecentre.org.uk

Co-opted

 

 

 

Elections of Elected Trustees (x5) and co-opted Trustees (x2) take place annually at the Annual General Meeting (AGM) or at a Special General Meeting (SGM). Appointed Trustees (3+1) are confirmed each year by their appointing body. Eleven maximum.

Trustee nomination forms can be downloaded here or collected from the office

2020 AGM Notice

Administrators

The Centre is admisistered day to day by the staff of the Centre who report to the Trustees through the Management board.

Normal communication

Mail@Galleywoodheritagecentre.org.uk

Default list of recipients

Max Tanner

Max.Tanner@Galleywoodheritagecentre.org.uk

Administrator

Marie Hyland

Marie.Hyland@Galleywoodheritagecentre.org.uk

Administrator

About the site and Buildings

GHC opening 600 x 400.JPGThe Galleywood Heritage Centre, The Building, outbuildings, the grounds and the Carpark are leased to The Trust from The Chelmsford City Council in perpituity. The Charitable Trust took over the operation of the delapidated buildings and grounds in 2008. The site formally housed the  Galleywood Race Course Grandstands until the last races in 1937. The site was purchased by the then Chelmsford Borough Council in 1945 and used initially as a depot and maintenance facility. 

In 2008 The community helped to refurbish the facilities and the Centre opened with charitable status on the 14th November 2009.